Welcome to our award-winning museum. Step into our historic house and discover the fascinating stories of the people who lived and worked there over the centuries. During your visit, we invite you to explore the numerous collections and themed exhibitions, and find out more about Wimborne Minster and the surrounding areas of East Dorset.
The updated and upgraded exhibition and display space will truly captivate both new and returning visitors. 11 galleries explore the history of the building, Wimborne Minster and East Dorset. Themed exhibitions range from landscape and the built environment, to travel and communication, life and death, growing up and working life.
Here at the Museum of East Dorset, there really is something for everyone…
- The historic Grade II* listed house dating back to the 1500s
- Stunning Roman wall paintings and ancient archaeological artefacts
- A beautifully preserved kitchen that takes you back in time
- A unique collection of Victorian Valentine cards
- A tranquil walled garden with heritage fruit trees, hosting an array of wildlife
- A gift shop with local treats and presents for yourself or someone special
- A Georgian book room full of charming and unusual second-hand books
- The Hilda Coles Open Learning Centre – available for hire for private functions
- Family trails to pick up and explore