Silver Clay Pendant Workshop With Jo Richards of Faye Benjamin Jewellery
Date: Tuesday 16th January 2024
Time: 9.30am – 12.30pm Please arrive 9.15 for a 9.30 start.
Price: £38.00 *excluding materials
Suitable for beginners, Silver Clay can be cut, shaped and textured with ease.
During this relaxing half day workshop, you will choose from a large range of textures and cutters to create your very own unique pendant.
Your work will be fired and polished and ready to collect between 1.30 and 2. You are welcome to explore our gardens or enjoy a lunch in our cafe while you wait
Please bring a sturdy pair of shoes.
What is included:
- Expert guidance from a tutor with over 15 years experience
- Exclusive student discount voucher
* Cost Of Materials: There is an additional charge of £20 for materials that is payable by cash or card on the day. This includes: 5g of ArtClay Silver, a sterling silver chain and jump ring.
What you will learn:
- Design ideas and considerations
- Introduction to tools and equipment
- How to roll, cut and texture clay
- Drying, sanding and refining
We will work at a relaxed pace in a small group of no more than 10. There will be plenty of time to explore the material, get tips and advice on Silver Clay and create your own gorgeous piece!
What should I bring to the event?
- A notebook and pen if you wish to take notes.
- An apron (although not essential).
- Our Tea room is available to purchase light lunches, or feel free to bring a picnic to enjoy in the garden.
- A word of warning – fluffy clothing is NOT advisable – clay loves fluff!
What if I’m not very ‘arty’?
Don’t worry, silver clay always works its magic! And Jo will be here to guide you with tips, demos and sample pieces every step of the way…
Is my ticket transferable?
You may transfer a ticket to another person for the date you have booked, but please let us know their details by emailing [email protected] in advance.
If you can no longer attend on the date you have booked please contact us on [email protected]. If we are able to sell your place on to another student, we can transfer you to another course subject to availability, or issue a refund.
If you are booked on a course and you do not turn up on the day, no refund will be given. We would appreciate if you could please call 01202 886116 and let us know if you can’t attend or are going to be late on the day – out of respect for your fellow students, and so that we know you are safe.
This is a fundraising event and all profits go towards the running of the museum
9 in stock