Date: Thursday 16 June 2022
Time: 10am – 4pm Please arrive 9.30-9.45 for a 10am start.
Price: £70.00 including refreshments. *excluding materials
No previous experience required
Join Jo Richards, and learn how to make your own beautiful jewellery using Art Clay Silver. With just a few simple techniques you can turn Art Clay Silver from a squishy blob of clay into solid silver jewellery that could be hallmarked. Even better – the skills you learn on this course will enable you to continue creating after you leave.
What is included:
- Expert guidance from a tutor with over 15 years experience
- Morning Tea & coffee
- Class notes
- Exclusive student discount voucher
* Cost Of Materials: There is an additional charge of £18 for materials that is payable by cash or card on the day. This includes:
- 7g of silver, which is enough Silver Clay for you to make at least one pendant plus a charm or pair of drop earrings, depending on the size and design of your pieces
- A Faye Benjamin gift bag to store your precious creations
- A branded goodie bag to take home with you
Chains, ear wires and bracelets may also be purchased on the day for an additional charge.
What you will learn:
- Design ideas and considerations
- Introduction to tools and equipment
- How to roll, cut and texture clay
- Drying, sanding and refining
- Polishing and finishing
- How to attach jump rings and earwires
We will work at a relaxed pace in a small group of no more than 8. There will be plenty of time to explore the material, get tips and advice on Silver Clay and create your own gorgeous pieces!
Please feel free to bring your own chain or bracelets if you want to use. Alternatively, there will be a selection of chains for you to buy.
What should I bring to the event?
- A notebook and pen if you wish to take additional notes.
- An apron (although not essential).
- Our Tea room is available to purchase light lunches, or feel free to bring a picnic to enjoy in the garden.
- A word of warning – fluffy clothing is NOT advisable – clay loves fluff!
What if I’m not very ‘arty’?
Don’t worry, silver clay always works its magic! And Jo will be here to guide you with tips, demos and sample pieces every step of the way…
Is my ticket transferable?
You may transfer a ticket to another person for the date you have booked, but please let us know their details by emailing [email protected] in advance.
If you can no longer attend on the date you have booked please contact us on [email protected] If we are able to sell your place on to another student, we can transfer you to another course subject to availability, or issue a refund.
If you are booked on a course and you do not turn up on the day, no refund will be given. We would appreciate if you could please call 01202 886116 and let us know if you can’t attend or are going to be late on the day – out of respect for your fellow students, and so that we know you are safe.
Please note, we advise that masks are worn in all public indoor areas in the museum unless seated at your workspace. We will continue to follow Government Guidelines as they are issued.
5 in stock