As well as taking overall responsibility for the day-to-day management of the Museum, the successful candidate will also deliver the strategy and vision from the Board of Trustees and relevant stakeholders.
We are looking for a natural and confident leader to be based here at the museum in Wimborne, Dorset. The successful candidate will have a relevant degree or equivalent and an additional business qualification would certainly be advantageous.
The Museum Director is the face of museum, representing the brand, its philosophy and ethos to stakeholders in the industry and in the local community. You will have proven senior experience within the heritage sector and be looking for a new challenge and an exciting opportunity to demonstrate and further develop these skills.
We have the ambition not just to survive, but to thrive, innovate and grow. Therefore, the Museum Director should have good commercial awareness and understand the importance of managing costs and utilising resources effectively. This includes management of third-party suppliers to the museum.
The role will be full-time and does include weekends and evenings from time to time.
As Director, the key objectives of the role will be:
- To manage the museum effectively
- To deliver the new 5-year business strategy to maximize income through increased visitors and new trading
activity to achieve financial sustainability
- To manage the Trust’s assets including collections, historic building and garden, shop and catering
- To lead, motivate and manage the staff and volunteer teams
- To deliver effective budget management and business planning
- To deliver an excellent visitor experience
- To ensure the museum continues to meet the standards of the Arts Council England Museum Accreditation scheme
For more information
Please contact [email protected] for a recruitment pack, which includes a full job description and details of how to apply.