How can I support the museum by becoming a member?
The museum is a not-for-profit organisation managed by the Priest’s House Museum Trust, a registered charity (1068540). We rely heavily on the generosity of our members for fundraising, and to help continue ongoing work such as exhibitions, school and family activities, community engagement programmes, and conservation and care of the collections. You can make a real and positive difference to the Museum of East Dorset by becoming a member of the Priest’s House Museum Trust.
What are the benefits of becoming a member?
- You will be supporting an important local heritage hub.
- Free entry for a year on presenting a valid membership card.
- Receive advance notification of events taking place at the Museum.
- Receive a newsletter keeping you up to date.
- Advanced notice of any discounts or offers.
- Invitations to “members only” events. (First come, first served basis)
- The right for you (or one member per family) to attend and question the Board of Trustees at the AGM and vote to approve accounts and Trustee appointments.
Please note: an email address is needed for you to receive updates and notification.
How much does it cost to become a member?
Single membership: £25 (one adult)
Family membership: £47 (two adults plus two children aged between 5 and 16 years at the same address)
Additional child: £12 (aged 5-16 years, children under 5 go free)
How do I apply to become a member?
Option 1: Come into the museum Information Centre and fill out a membership leaflet, which includes the application form. Hand this to a member of the team.
Option 2: Download, print and fill out a membership application form and post or hand this in to the Information Centre.
Option 3: Download the application form, fill it in and scan/ email it to: [email protected]
How do I pay?
Option 1: Bank Transfer (details on the application form)
Option 2: Cash payment, handed into the front desk, attached to your membership/ renewal application form
Option 3: Cheque (details on the application form)
How do I renew my membership?
Email your membership renewal form to: [email protected]