Gold trophy at Dorset Tourism Awards
The Museum of East Dorset in Wimborne won the gold award for ‘Small Visitor Attraction of the Year’ at the 10th Dorset Tourism Awards. The judges said “A surprising building and even more surprising experience. This is a wonderful resource for the market town of Wimborne both for visitors and residents.”
Quality in Tourism, an independent accreditation service and headline sponsor of the 2022 – 23 Dorset Tourism Awards, sent one of its assessors in the guise of a ‘mystery shopper’ to visit the museum and see what makes it tick. That day, there were 90 children enjoying a fun-packed day of Little Explorer activities, as well as regular visitors exploring the museum and relaxing in the Garden Tea Room. Obviously, the assessor really enjoyed the experience.
Allow three hours for your visit. The museum is bigger than you think!
- Explore themed exhibitions and collections
- Discover stories about people and places in East Dorset
- Seasonal trails, crafts and fun hands-on activities
- Historic house and walled garden
- Garden Tea Room
- Children’s workshops & Little Explorer craft mornings
- Living History days
- Events and workshops