Here at the Museum of East Dorset, we have always welcomed visitors of all ages who come along and discover the fascinating insights of the local history and heritage of Wimborne Minster and the surrounding area.
We have signed up to the Kids in Museums manifesto, demonstrating our commitment to being welcoming and accessible to all children, young people and families.
We host an exciting range of family events throughout the year. This includes:
- Seasonal school holiday activities and museum trails
- Summer in Dorset (HAF) workshops
- Children’s workshops & Little Explorer craft mornings
- Visit Santa
- Living History days
- The Great Pudding Stir and much more…….
See what’s on for families.
There is a lot for families to explore at the museum
- Pick up one of our ‘Hands on History’ resources to help you explore the museum including trails, magnifying glasses, torches and Eye Spy games.
- Have a go at dressing up as a Victorian school child
- Delve into the Activity Boxes located in the galleries
- Get crafty with our free family craft table during school holidays
- Take part in our interactive gallery quizzes
- Challenge your companions with a range of traditional garden games
- Search the garden for Pixie Doors (small charge for the trail)
Can’t make it into the museum today? Check out our at home resources including downloadable crafts
We also offer a ‘Hands on History’ Loans Box service, ideal for Home Schooling. Contact us for more information [email protected]
We offer a range of practical facilities to help your visit be as comfortable as possible.
- Breastfeeding welcome
- Baby changing
- Free supplies of nappies and wipes
- Tea Room with highchairs
- Picnic area
- Booster steps in the toilets and throughout the museum
- Benches throughout the museum
- Shop with pocket money items
- Parking for pushchairs
- Ear Defenders
- Wheelchair access
- Accessible toilets
- Free tap water refills in the Tea Room
More accessible resources coming soon.